Author Topic: Server crashes...  (Read 771 times)

Offline VoidingNixx

• Server Operator
  • Administrator
  • Diamond Brigadier
  • Negatory!
Server crashes...
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:46:49 PM »
I am aware the server has been crashing lately.  Mojang cannot code worth anything.  The server keeps using up all RAM without releasing any and then crashes.  Unfortunately, I am not a Linux guru and cannot easily code a bash script to counter this.

I do however have a few tricks up my sleeve.  First, it seems Minecraft only keeps RAM without releasing it when new chunks are loaded.  The world has been pre-generating offline for the past week.  It is still only 25% done, but eventually, no chunks will need to be generated.

Secondly, the mod is only a week or two from being stable.  Once they work out the bugs and we run the server using this, the performance and stability will greatly improve.

Finally, and this will be the one which is most likely to happen before the other two, is that a 3rd party backend is installed onto the server which will allow scheduled events (restarts), crash recovery, and multiple user access to help monitor and manage the server.

Please be patient.  The stability right now is not ideal I know.  We opened up the server when we had just the basics in place.  The spawn and other server components were never scheduled to be fully complete until around Christmas.  Things will smooth out as time progresses.  Or in other words... I can only accomplish so much at a time.  If anyone wants to step up and help, things will get done faster.
"I am a T-Rex! I am invincible!!"

Offline Carisus

• Hatchling
Re: Server crashes...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:25:19 PM »
I will help as much as I can. Contact me directly please.